Saturday, January 10, 2009

101 things in 1001 days: Here we go!

Ok, so I joined a group that is basically a discussion group for people wanting to take part in their own Day Zero Project (google it :) )The idea is that you make a list of 101 things that you want to complete over the next 1001 days...about 2.75 years. Since it is a longer time frame, it gives you more time to plan, so they can be bigger goals, but the goals have to be achievable and specific, but still stretch you. I'm excited. So, here's my list. I will keep you updated with my progress!

1. Have a baby.
2. Finish my masters degree in counseling.
3. Redecorate the master bedroom.
4. Install shelves in the pantry.
5. Repaint my office.
6. Organize A's home office.
7. Clean and organize spare bedroom.
8. Redecorate spare bedroom.
9. Clean out the garage.
10. Sell all of the stuff in the "extra stuff laundry basket" in my office on Ebay.
11. Drop off clothes we no longer wear at salvation army etc.
12. Work out 3 times per week.
13. Start composting at home.
14. Go on vacation to Costa Rica with A.
15. Convert to a digital filing system for all home files.
16. Stay on budget for our household for one month (then keep doing it).
17. Take my vitamin every day (super important, considering goal #1)for 3 months.(but i'll keep doing it afterwards.)(0/90)
18. Learn to knit - I've wanted to do this FOREVER!
19. Make a scrapbook about my dogs.
20. Make 5 blog posts per month for 3 months. (0/15)
21. Lose 10 pounds.
22. Lose 10 more pounds.
23. Lose 10 more pounds.
24. Lose 10 more pounds.
25. Lose 10 more pounds.
26. Make dinner 5 nights a week for a month. (0/4)
27. Drink 8 glasses of water per day for a month. (0/30)
28. Take a photography class.
29. Learn spanish.
30. Pay off credit cards.
31. Pay off student loans.
32. Lose 10 more pounds.
33. Lose 10 more pounds.
34. Lose 10 more pounds.
35. Lose 10 more pounds.
36. Lose 10 more pounds.
37. Find a placement for practicum and internship for this summer/fall.
38. Save $1000 in temporary emergency fund. (0/1000)
39. Finish organizing basement.
40. Clean out built in bookshelves in living room, and reorganize to store all the Wii stuff, which currently drives me crazy.
41. Get an external back up hard drive for desktop computer...and use it.
42. Install shelves in laundry room.
43. Fix utility tub in laundry room.
44. Install new garbage disposal in kitchen.
45. Fix faucet on garden tub in master bath.
46. Fix shower leak in guest bath.
47. Install new faucet in kitchen sink.
48. Repair mud room door trim.
49. Install new kitchen floor.
50. Get professional pictures taken of the dogs.
51. Have friends over for dinner 6 times. (0/6)
52. Clean and organize the laundry room.
53. Walk the dogs once a week for two months. (0/8)
54. Mail a secret to PostSecret.
55. Complete the Couch to 5K running plan.
56. Meditate 10 minutes a day for a month. (0/30)
57. Have a girls night 25 times. (0/25)
58. Attempt a fondant covered figure cake for one of the kids' birthdays.
59. Use my reusable bags instead of plastic grocery bags every time i go to the store for 3 months. (0/0)
60. Do an accessory/clothing swap with friends (our toy swap at christmas was so fun!)
61. Get my engagement and wedding rings resized so I can wear them again.
62. Take a belly dancing class.
63. Find a storage solution for all of my cake decorating stuff.
64. Learn how to use photoshop before I switch jobs, and have to buy photoshop for myself.
65. Organize and file all the paper on my desk at work.
66. Make pizza dough from scratch (that's good, that A likes)
67. Replace deck with either a new deck or paver patio.
68. Take a self-portrait each day for a year.(0/365) Starting on my birthday, 1/15/09
69. Take a photo each day for a year and create my own coffee table style book.
70. Get another tattoo.
71. Send thank you notes for every event for a year.
72. Learn to play the guitar (for real, not Guitar Hero-style)
73. Send a care package to A's brother in the Navy.
74. Clean out my car weekly for 6 months. (0/24)
75. Learn how to make a decent omelet (even though I don't like omelets).
76. Take cuttings from jade plant and start new plants, then give to friends.
77. Try acupuncture - heard it's good for headaches and babymaking!
78. Create and maintain a list of household chores that need to be done weekly/biweekly/monthly
79. See Wicked (the musical).
80. See Spring Awakening.
81. Buy no more books until all the books on my to be read pile are read (i can still get books from paperbackswap, though).
82. Clean up and repair my bike so I can ride it in the spring.
83. Put together bedside table in guest bedroom.
84. Make a gingerbread house.
85. Change the sheets once a week for a year (i know that seems ridiculous) (0/52)
86. See REM live again. Even if I have to go to Europe.
87. Give to charity in lieu of christmas presents for adults one year.
88. Adopt a family for christmas through the salvation army.
89. Attend a gay pride parade or rally (I'm straight but not narrow!)
90. Go completely caffeine free for one week before I'm pregnant.
91. Get all bills put on autopay.
92. Try 50 new recipes. (0/50)
93. Make time to get my eyes checked (should have been done in August!) Make sure A gets this done too.
94. Make new molds, and get back to soapmaking - my skin will be so much happier.
95. Make our will (or whatever we need to do).
96. Start an IRA for myself.
97. Get a piece of art for A's office at work.
98. Clean out the cabinet under the sink in the master bathroom.
99. Go on a hike with Kate and kind of keep up with her.
100. Teach my parents how to use Skype so they can call people when they are in Costa Rica.
101. Clean my microwave. I can't believe that's the last thing on my list, but it really needs to be done, and I keep putting it off.

So there you go. Depending on how fast some of these go, I reserve the right to replace some of them with new ones :) Wish me luck!











Custom Countdowns & MySpace Layouts


1 comment:

Kerry McKibbins said...

Love this idea, love your list. I have a few of the same items.